Friday, June 25, 2010

Back to Springfield

Unfortunetly I missed DK's start last night, got an emergency call mom on the way to the hospital.

I haven't had a chance to watch yet, obviously he has some things to work on. Though overall not a bad game for a first new level start, just nibbled a bit too much. Nibbling is not a good thing. Something he hasn't done all season.

I was awaiting word before I posted what they were going to do with him, from my understanding he will fly to ABQ and I am to assume will be with the team then flown to Frisco for his next start.

He will miss the All Star game, not sure whether he cares about that.

No excuses but this was a tough week, flown to Memphis on a moments notice, then not sure when he would start, told thursday afternoon he would pitch that night and of all the luck the team faces a rehabbing ML. I am glad he gets to watch a few more games, that in itself is a learning experience and a chance to get to travel to New Mexico. Will he be disappointed, probably, he knew it was for a short time only, but the other pitcher got to stay, he's probably already heard how he is needed in Springfield, they are not off to a good start second half of season, will he be happy to be "home", probably, he has been on the road since June 17 and will not return until July 7th.
A few weeks ago when he thought he might have to fill in but didn't go he was disappointed, my feling is does it really matter where you get your work in? I also, in the few times I spoke to him didn't get the impression that AAA has all of the warm and fuzzy feelings you get below that level. I am glad he will return to work with Dennis.I remember last year when sent back from Springfield, after his surgery he was detrmined to work hard, I am sure this will fuel the fire.

For those wondering about the AAA level, what Dave told me and from what I read in an interview he had after the game, there is not a whole lot of difference between AA and AAA hitters except experience, and able to figure out pitchers faster than at the lower levels.

This just in, Dave will pitch on Tuesday in ABQ and then rejoin Springfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment