Sunday, March 28, 2010

Remembering special people you met through the game

Just wanted to take this time to stop and recognize some people that are no longer on this earth but who I had a special fondness for over the past few years with my association with the HSBBW.

One is Jeff Taylor, also known as JT, what a special guy, he never had a bad word to say about anyone and was everyone's players fan. JT always asked about my player on a regular basis during the season. His dad is a big Cardinal fan, so he got a kick out Dave getting drafted by his dad's favorite team. What a great dad and husband to have been taken so early.

The second is Nick Adenhart who died on April 9th of last year. Since Nick was a 2004, his name was well known to me for years as a parent of another 2004 HS graduate. I will never forget the day that I figured out who his stepdad was at the HSBBW. There were some posters saying some things about Nick's TJ operation, and I figured out it was someone close to him by his reply. We began a friendship from there and I have learned a lot from Duane, one of them to enjoy each day that you have with your children. I admire Duane and his family for what they have had to deal with and the upcoming anniversary of Nick's leaving us, makes me very sad. I hope that tehy are doing well.

Then there is Maryann Shappi, we didn't always hit it off, but as the years went by we became good milb baseball mom friends, only sharing some things of milb players that moms can share and understand. I do miss her.

Last to remember is Doug McMillan, without his advice and his knowledge in 2004 not sure if the path son had chosen would have worked out for him. He was so very helpful in explaining just how tough things can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment