Sunday, August 15, 2010

Win # 10

Scroll down for "What might have been, Kopp wonders too".

http://blogs.news-leader.com/cardinals/

It's very hard sometimes as a parent to know just what is going on inside your player's head. Perhaps a personal best game just wasn't thought of as personal best. I remember the days getting the W was joyful, things change.

Yes, my son was born with many gifts. He didn't always work as hard as he should, taken care of business always the way we thought he should, and has had a hard time figuring out how to use what he was blessed with. It's a process and we stepped back a while ago, letting him try to figure it out himself, as it should be, in my opinion.

I have to laugh sometimes when people have made comments thinking that is has come so easy for him. They don't know about the personal struggles.

I posted the article because I wanted those that follow to just understand HOW difficult the climb in pro ball is, even for one with the gifts.

Springfield is on a mission, even with losing their best hitter to the big club and mow maybe down to AAA to cover. I am very proud to think that son may be instrumental in setting a good example and giving support in helping the team work as a unit, for a common goal. I told him that, but he will never understand that no matter what happens, we will be more proud of the person he is, not just the pitcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment