Monday, August 30, 2010

Winding Down

I am listening to the last home game as I type this post. Just 7 games left after tonight, on the road. It came and went so fast.

Not for my player though. He won last night, pitched really well, only stayed in for 6. The Springbirds are most likely heading for the playoffs, so that means for Dave another 2, maybe 3 more games. He's tired, he's worn out, he's using all his inner stuff to keep focused.

Dave is 12-4, is second in wins, 6th in ERA with 3.13. He was named today to the post season TL All Star Team, good stuff for his resume. But that is not what he sees as an achievement, being able to for the first time since 2007 to finish an entire season without the DL has been what he has worked for, we are proud of him for that. It's easy sometimes to go on the 7 day DL. Guys need some rest, time off and it's usually granted. He told me he just couldn't imagine going another month as a pitcher, he's logged more than he ever has. It's not easy to see why pitchers break down. I don't care what anyone says, it's just so mind boggling.

Not much else to report these days, I think that I have laid out as much as I can think of, I do have a story to tell, but will save that for the end. I am sorry that we are not able to get back to Springfield, unfortunetly we have some things going on here at home and daughter having her wedding reception in October, things to do, and travel money going towards a wedding. But, next year, planning on doing more travel while he is in AAA, lots of neat places to go, Memphis, New Orleans, Las Vegas, and to the new stadium in Omaha. Notice that I have left out the main destination, STL. Perhaps we will get to visit there again, I don't like to talk about those things in advance, who knows he could be somewhere else by that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment